Acts 11:2-3 (NLT) - 2 But when Peter arrived back in Jerusalem, the Jewish believers criticized him. 3 "You entered the home of Gentiles and even ate with them!" they said.
1. When God moves… it's SOVEREIGN.
- Acts 11:9 (NLT) - 9 "But the voice from heaven spoke again: 'Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean."
GOD DOES WHAT HE WANTS WHEN HE WANTS, AND HE DOESN'T ASK YOU.
- Pentecost: He moved on day 50.
- Miraculous catch: They caught on the other side.
- Our job: We have to pray without ceasing.
2. When God moves... we must MOVE.
- Acts 11:12 (NLT) - 12 The Holy Spirit told me to go with them and not to worry that they were Gentiles. These six brothers here accompanied me, and we soon entered the home of the man who had sent for us.
- When we know it's God, we must move!
- Wisdom in counsel.
- Wisdom through God's Word.
- Wisdom through the Holy Spirit's witness.
3. When God moves… it's always about PEOPLE.
- Acts 11:14 (NLT) - 14 He will tell you how you and everyone in your household can be saved!
- He comes to the religious.
- He comes to the failures.
- He comes to the forgotten.
- He comes to the sinner.
- He comes to the blind.
4. When God moves… it's bigger than we THINK.
- Acts 11:17–18 (NLT) - 17 And since God gave these Gentiles the same gift he gave us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to stand in God's way?" 18 When the others heard this, they stopped objecting and began praising God. They said, "We can see that God has also given the Gentiles the privilege of repenting of their sins and receiving eternal life."
- God does not fit in our man-made boxes. What makes Him God is He's able to do things we couldn't conceive.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you calling unclean what God has called clean?
- Are you moving with God or resisting Him?
- Are you rejoicing over God's grace and kindness toward all people?