2 Corinthians 5:16-17 (ESV) - 16 From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Ways Jesus brings Change:
Catalyst #1: His PRESENCE
- His presence on earth brought change.
- His presence in the temple
- His presence around people
- John 15:5 (NLT) - 5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
- Be in the presence of Jesus.
- Get with people who are filled with His presence.
- Get in his presence through prayer.
Catalyst #2: His TEACHINGS
- The teachings of Jesus are revolutionary.
- The teachings of Jesus are the BEST WAY TO LIVE LIFE.
- John 8:31–32 (NLT) - 31 Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. 32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Study His teachings
- Obey His teachings
Catalyst #3: His AUTHORITY
- It’s impossible to change something that isn’t under your control.
- Many know Jesus as Savior, but few know Him as Lord.
- Peter had to
- Leave his family, house, business
- Follow and serve Him
- Submit to Him
- See yourself as a SERVANT of Jesus.
- Obey His voice.
Catalyst #4: His SPIRIT
- The Spirit is teaching us.
- 1 John 2:27 (NLT) - 27 But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.
- The Spirit is transforming us.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (NLT) - 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.
- Receive His Spirit
- Acknowledge His Spirit
- Follow His Spirit