In Christ, we find true joy. This comes not by our flesh, but in choosing to trust, know, and pursue Him.
Philippians 3:1 (NLT) — 1 Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.
- We find joy while TRUSTING Christ. Life brings disappointment when we trust in ourselves. Often, we disqualify ourselves if we do not come from a Christian upbringing or have a questionable past. The Bible tells us not to lean on our own understanding. When we trust in Jesus, we can walk in righteousness each day of our lives.
- We find joy when we KNOW Christ. Nothing compares to walking closely with the Lord. When we know Him, we experience the power of the Holy Spirit that is accessible to us.
- We find joy in the PURSUIT of Christ. When we begin focusing on our race towards a heavenly prize, we can stop chasing worldly ambitions and cut ties with our past. When we pursue Jesus, we look forward to the future.
- Is there an area of your life where you struggle with trusting Christ?
- Think about your daily routine. Do you have time to intentionally spend with the Lord? Do you feel His presence throughout the day?
- Have you experienced a moment recently when your ambitions overshadowed your calling? What is Christ pulling you towards instead?
This week, let’s keep our eyes focused on the one who brings abundant joy. May we allow Christ to be the anchor for our rejoicing, no matter what our circumstances look like. True joy is attainable for you!